The purpose of an automobile appraisal is to determine current market value of that particular vehicle.
Dialoque has over 20 years of experience in the classic car industry with an extensive background in auto brokerage, auto auctions, and professional appraisals.
We appraise vehicles by personal inspection only. During our inspection we assemble a full set of subject vehicle photos, gather pertinent historical formation as supplied by the owner, and examine vehicle documents such as the ownership certificate, and maintenance records.
We then spend several hours researching the value of the subject vehicle based on classic car industry references, checking recent classic car auction results, and in some cases, consulting with prominent classic car dealers to obtain the best possible valuation.
Typical report generation time is 7-10 days after the inspection, with faster turnaround available upon request.
Dialoque is uniquely qualified to accurately appraise high-line vehicles. Our background includes:
- Extensive vehicle restoration and repair experience.
- We have done many frame-off restorations, we know what it costs to completely renovate a classic car. We understand the tremendous difference in value between restored and unrestored, and how the quality of a restoration affects value.
- Extensive report writing experience.
- Our reports are easy to read, correct, and complete. They include a full set of digital photos, showing the car from all eight exterior angles, plus interior, under the hood, inside trunk, and under frame when accessible.
- As part of our appraisal process, we also review and include any available vehicle history. We also check all available ownership documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Familiarity with current values.
- We watch current industry trends and incorporate them into our appraisals, resulting in an accurate valuation.
- We use a variety of classic car industry data sources in our appraisal process, including N.A.D.A. (National Automobile Dealers Association), Old Car Price Guide, local auction results, national auction results (such as Barrett-Jackson), and eBay completed sales.
- 5 years experience as a California State Certified Appraiser.